Monday, December 5, 2022

Pedro Ramos: Project 5 Prosthetic Accessory

Concept: Inspiration

    My inspiration came from the Great Horned Owl. I wanted to capture the owl’s unique beak in my design. I combined the stylish beak of the owl with a mask design to create something elegant and useful.

Process: 


    By using the provided file of a male head, I copied a sketch of the owl’s beak onto Rhino which I projected onto the figure and adjusted to fit. The second step was to create a mirror of the mask and join it. I then created the straps by projecting them to the appropriate locations of the head.

Rendering and Materials: 





    The materials used were leather for the straps and metal for the filter and mask. For the shots, I adjusted the image for a closeup and two different side shots to create my renderings. I then took more pictures of my mask in Rhino.

No comments:

Post a Comment