Monday, December 5, 2022

Brittany Han: Architectonic Lamp

 Inspiration:

    The inspiration for my architectonic lamps are the old kerosene lamps. I tried my best to stick to the feel of these old lamps, but still keep it simple enough to easily be cut out of my material. Since the eye catching part of the kerosene lamps is the middle where the flame is held this is the section I decided to emphasize. 


Modeling:

    The first step I took while modeling was getting the overall shape I wanted. I accomplished this my using the curve tools and then revolving the shape 360 degrees. I then put the finish polyshape into grasshopper with the grillage coding provided and set the setting to what I thought looked good. Having finished the model to what I wanted, I told the program to slice the sections and laid them out onto a 2 x 4 sheet.

3D Model
Model Layout

Render and Print:

    I took the finished 3D model and imported it into Keyshot. Since I am going to be using wood to make this lamp, I choose one of the wood materials available inside Keyshot's favorites. 



 Lamp Off



Lamp On














No comments:

Post a Comment