Sunday, December 4, 2022

Santiago Perez-Isaza Architectonic Lamp



Architectonic Lamp

Inspiration

    I wanted to create a lamp that represented an object or vehicle. The most aesthetically pleasing sihlouette was that of a yacht. Using some concept art from art station as inspiration, I drew up a couple of basic shapes to get a better idea of what I needed to model.





Modelling Techniques

The shape was completely built using curves, starting from the bottom up and then lofting them in different ways to get a shape I was happy with. I worked with an asymmetrical model, mostly to get as many interesting curves and shapes as possible when cutting it using the grasshopper script. The grasshopper script allowed me to generate the desired amount of cuts by adjusting the spacing between them. I went through a few different versions to create one that had a long piece going down the front middle end of the ship, this was not just for aesthetics but also the stability of the piece whilst keeping it minimal.



 Materials

This is a laser cutting project, the material I'm using is a pine plywood so I used that as my main material in Keyshot to render it out. In a perfect world, I would've added the burnt wood edges to each piece but time is a liberty I couldn't afford.












No comments:

Post a Comment