Monday, December 5, 2022

Brittany Han: MakerCase Lamp

 Inspiration:

    I honestly didn't have much of an idea for a while on this project. I knew I wanted to make something DnD themed but wasn't sure what so I looked at a few images online and found some dice towers. These are what inspired this lamp as well as shadowboxes of various themes. 







Modeling:

    I started by making the designs using the curve tools within the allotted space of the box given to me. Once that was completed I copied them to another layer and extruded them. I caped these new extruded surfaces and moved the together until they form the desired box shape.






Rendering and Printing:

    I took the finished 3D model and imported it into Keyshot. Knowing I would want this to be wood I used one of the presets to make the render look as though it was made of wood. Though the dragons eye didn't stay, I was very impressed with how this lamp turned out and very proud of the accomplishment this being my first time laser printing anything.
 
Render Front

Render Back

Light Off





Light On





Designs on the Wall




No comments:

Post a Comment