Monday, December 5, 2022

Taylor Champ Ballet Prosthetic

 Design Inspirations



I drew my inspiration from pointe shoes, ball joint dolls, and feathered wings. I wanted a delicate feminine form as well as a unique prosthetic with a specific purpose: ballet. When I decided on a design, I went about sketching it.

Sketch


I had several considerations, primarily the natural flow of human muscles, and how it wraps around the thighs and calves. I wanted to make my design accentuate the form of the leg, not impede dancing, and be thematically appropriate for Swan Lake.

Modeling (Renders)



Given the organic nature of these forms, I focused on sculpting and poly modeling, differing from my modeling method in other projects. During the process, I referenced ballet forms. For my final render, I purchased, altered, and simplified a ballerina model to pose with my prosthetic.




No comments:

Post a Comment