Sunday, September 11, 2022

Benjamin Ramirez: Assignment 1 SpaceShip


Inspiration

My choice of inspiration would be this space shuttle going into space, I wanted to create a fighter jet model going ready top launch into space. The way this photo influenced me how I modeled the space shuttle would be more towards reaching higher limit. Just like a space shuttle, when it launches. You do not fully know if it will take off successfully. It was more of a fundamental of how a realistic space shuttle would launch into space or even orbit the earth. This was the general idea of what would be space shuttle I wanted to created.

InspirationInspirationInspiration
Inspiration
Process

Making the 3d model was using mostly the Polyline command. I would draw out a general idea of what each part would look like. I used the osnap and Grid snap tool to try and keep it as symmetrical as possible trying to experiment with the model on creating each part in different ways. The revolve tool was also my best friend in this model, being able to make it into a full shape and not having to take the extra step of actually creating the rest of the shapes. Using the solid planar curve straight command let me build the holder for the space shuttle. I was able to also join the lines in order to use the array tool in order to create multiple rectangles without the struggle of lining them proportionally. I also. One of the main commands I would use would be the scale command, I would use it to adjust the size of the edges from whether it was too big or too small to even out the model.

Ghosted Image

Ghosted with layers

Materials

For the materials that I used was mainly metal, the only part of the model I did not use metal would have been the rockets on the side. Since the side rockets are always the ones that tend to go out first. The material would have to be lighter for it to be easily ejected. The takeoff stabilizer is what I like to call it. Would be made full of aluminum metal for it to be strong enough to hold the space shuttle together. The space shuttles body would be anodized blue metal as the wings would be a gold color of the same material to tell the difference of the parts. The environment I choose from Key shot, would be the lighting tent. I rotated the lighting source to give a more detail of the shadows in order to show the proportions of the model.



No comments:

Post a Comment