Sunday, September 25, 2022

Martin Canales: Project 2 Part 2

 Inspiration (Updated)

Originally, my idea is to make a whole Shrek ears hat. I loved the Shrek movies and wanted to make part of a Shrek costume focus on its ears. I was inspired by the Mickey Mouse hats found in Disney theme parks and wanted my 3D model to base it off that. A few issues stem from that concept, however.

Concept (Updated)

The main issue with the original idea was that 3D printing an entire hat would be expensive. So I had to change the design up a bit to make it more affordable to physically print. Instead of 3D Modelling the entire hat, I decided to model and print just the ears. And to actually make it into a hat, I plan to buy a plain white hat from a secondary source (department store or online), cut the bill of the hat, paint it green (with brown spots), and super glue the ears into the hat. Here's the updated concept in Photoshop.


 

Model

The 3D Model is made out of two shapes: a cylinder and a parabola. Both work together to resemble Shrek's ears. For the second one, I used the mirror tool to flip the model so I don't have to recreate the shapes and end up messing up the proportions for the ears. A naked edge is left open for the resemblance to be more clear with Shrek.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment