Sunday, September 11, 2022

Madeline Askins-Project 1-Rocket

Inspiration: I had originally wanted to create a castle but after looking at some reference images of rockets I decided to do a rocket instead. I really like space and NASA in general so I wanted to make a classic rocket. The rocket I found as inspiration was a model toy rocket that you set off on your lawn. I have actually seen these before and they are very neat. I had to go through quite a few images before I found the rocket I liked. It was long and slender with a black top. I also liked the look of a satellite so I included it. Later on in the process, I made the last change by adding a crystal in the center to power the rocket. This was inspired by the new buzz lightyear movie.



Process: The construction of the rocket took me time because I had to rebuild and re-create the rocket a few times. The 5 most common tools I used in rhino were Etrude, boolean union, trim, Chamfuar edge, and blend edge. Extrude is simply commanding 'extrude' and then pulling an object to a certain length. I used this for the base of the ship. The boolean union was good for connecting objects like the windows. trim was good for cutting away pieces of the object you don't want. I mainly used this to shape the engines. CHamfuar edge was used to create the edges of the rocket. Lastly, edge blend was used to blend edges together to get a smooth edge of the outside of the rocket.

Materials: The materials were very simple for Keyshot. The rocket top was made of metal. The bottom is made of glass so you can see the crystal inside. The engines are also made of metal. The crystal inside the rocket is made of the area light. The light is set on watt to give a brighter glow. The moon is made of a dirt texture. The sun above is also an area light with a ground texture. The background is a free image of stars from Pexels (free-to-use images). I inserted the image as a custom background. The lighting is solely from the sun since in space it would be the only light source. 








No comments:

Post a Comment