Sunday, September 18, 2022

Nick Nelson: Project 2

 



Nick Nelson Costume Prop Model references

I don’t celebrate Halloween, but since I have to make a prop for a costume I pretended I was going to a cosplay event, and I got the idea to cosplay my character from a fantasy game I like to play called Kingdoms of Amalur. My character is a wizard elf and what makes this significant is in the game they use fantasy disk blade weapons called chakrams, and I decided to model those for my assignment.

 



Here's my design I came up with



I decided to shrink the size of the chakrams down to 6 inches be more manageable for 3d printing, and I also got an idea for it to split in half to make to new weapons. I did the thumbnail sketches in my notebook then I went into photoshop and digitally drew it so I could be more detailed.




In Rino I built one half of the model then I mirrored and scaled it to get to the right size I wanted.






Once I rendered in keyshot I gave the handles a wooden texture and gave the blades a metallic look.
I also picked a dark background to make my model stand out more.







































No comments:

Post a Comment