Sunday, September 11, 2022

Joubarne Vincent Castle

 Inspiration: 

            I decided to remake the starting point of Greed Island. From the anime Hunter x Hunter (2011) by Yoshihiro Togashi. I've been a huge fan of the anime and this is one of the iconic and unique architecture from the show.



Modeling:

    
   I started from the base up creating the main platform first before expanding to the roof. Afterward, I created the side building and lastly added the stairs. I did this by firstly creating a circle as the main point that I would use then inside I created the smaller four pillars on the side and the main one in the center. Using extrusions I created the base and added a sphere to the top that I trimmed off and added a cone for the roof.  For the side building, I used a rectangle extruded it then added a cylinder a cone for the roof and a sphere for the base. Lastly, I added the stairs and then grouped everything into layers to get ready for the key shot. I messed around with some materials and backgrounds and I decided to go for a more modern decorated version. As if the starting point was at a higher level of the game or for more advanced players. While I did find some textures and materials that I liked it didn't come out like I wanted it to and wasn't happy with the end result so I went back into Rhino to improve on it and add some detail.




It ended up coming out pretty good I added some pipes and applied a polar array to it to create some detail to the top portion along with changing the layout of the stairs with rotations and trimming the main bulk to add variety when I go into Keyshot to texture it. Creating the difficulties I came across were dealing with the snaps and learning which ones to turn on and off and using the polar array I kept rotating it across the z-x axis instead of the y-x which I was able to figure out by creating a line in the center of where I wanted to rotate it around and vertically choose the axis before applying the array. Finally, with everything done I went into Keyshot and came out with a result I was happy with.

Result: 




















No comments:

Post a Comment