Sunday, September 11, 2022

Lindsey Nguyen: Week 1 Castle

Design Intent: 

The concept of my project is based off the castle from an anime show, Attack on Titan. The castle is located in the middle of the Shiganshina District. The inspiration was I wanted more of a simple, rigid, realistic castle that I wanted to base off something I have seen. I didn’t want a fantasy like castle, but more realistic but not too much like the ones we see today.

Reference


Modeling Techniques:

 After attempting the many different methods of this program, the tools that I mainly used to create my castle were a lot of arrays, shape tools, and holes. I started off with a simple rectangle based to start off the first floor of my castle. Then proceeding off with my tower, creating a long slim rectangle, then a cube on top, then finally a pyramid. Knowing what we learned from class, I decided to use the array tool, but originally started off with the rectangular array, as my castle is boxy and not structured circular. I was able to create three more towers easily in a few seconds. However, one tower needed to be adjusted to be taller and thicker. I implemented the 3D and 2D scaling and it made things go quicker and faster. Then I placed my second rectangle box on top then, repeated the rectangle array from the towers around the second rectangle box, as well as scaling them with the 3D and 2D tool. I then added thin rectangle walls on the edge of the top of the rectangles, to give an edge look that castles usually have. Then proceeded with smaller rectangles on top of them to give that wall look, I first created one then used the linear array which would make it go linearly next to each other. Lastly, I added my last box on top and created holes for my windows. I started with my windows in my tower, making the hole then mirroring. Then I continued with the main levels and created holes by the mirror hole tool as well. Lastly, with my last box I used to create the whole both ways so it would go through the last box. Materials : I discovered the many different textures and materials before finalizing on what I wanted my castle to be displayed as. I wanted to go for more of a darker color theme, almost like a haunted house or goth vibe. Having the white color over my materials and texture didn’t really stand out for me and I wanted it to be like a bold statement but not too loud. For the towers, I went for the gem material and colored it black, as it made the castle really engrossing. Then for most of the rest of the materials, I chose to go with metal and similar shades of gray or white. Metal went well with the gem material, so did glass but I wanted the model to be realistic and not really the “fantasy” type. The lighting I chose was the interior lighting as it was the most vivid lighting to show the metal and gem nicely.


Ghosted Image with Layers

Ghosted Image


Materials : 


I discovered the many different textures and materials before finalizing on what I wanted my castle to be displayed as. I wanted to go for more of a darker color theme, almost like a haunted house or goth vibe. Having the white color over my materials and texture didn’t really stand out for me and I wanted it to be like a bold statement but not too loud. For the towers, I went for the gem material and colored it black, as it made the castle really engrossing. Then for most of the rest of the materials, I chose to go with metal and similar shades of gray or white. Metal went well with the gem material, so did glass but I wanted the model to be realistic and not really the “fantasy” type. The lighting I chose was the interior lighting as it was the most vivid lighting to show the metal and gem nicely. 



Bird's Eye

Perspective

Pedestrian

Perspective part 2









No comments:

Post a Comment