Sunday, September 11, 2022

Kira Gray: Project 1 Castle

 Inspiration: 


    The first image is of the castle at Disney, the second is a castle I pulled off of Google Images. I really liked these castles because of the tall spires and pointed caps, which I incorporated into my model. I also took inspiration from the walls in the second picture, with the arched entryway. Additionally, I incorporated staircases and arched windows into my structure, which are taken from these inspiration pictures.

Process:




    In my process I used the five pointed polygon command and extrude to make the base and walls, which are the pink layer in these pictures. I then duplicated the polygon and used scale to shrink it, and used the boolean difference command to create the bowl-shaped model I have. I used a combination of boolean combine and boolean difference to add the rectangular shapes on the entryway, and the arched entrance itself. I also used trim on the entryway.

    The stairs on the blue layer were created subtractively using boolean difference, in which I created three cylinders, and built a negative version of the staircases in order to carve the shape out of the cylinders. I again used boolean difference to create the arched windows, like in my reference images.

Materials:



    My first image is my birds-eye-view, the second is my pedestrian view, and the third is the full frontal, ghosted black image. I decided to go with a glass or jewel-like aesthetic for my materials. The peaks of the towers are using a blue glass material, and the walls are using a diamond material. The building itself is using a material that was labeled as a matte indoors white material. I did not get the email informing us to use a background until after I had already rendered the images and left campus (I live off campus), so that is why they are the default gray.






No comments:

Post a Comment