Friday, September 9, 2022

Project 1- Castle, Jonathan Conde

 Concept: I wanted to do a simple, but at the same time, recognizable castle for this project where people can automatically see what it is. The reference I use is the Tower of London in England. I chose this reference because my parents recently visited this location and it looks like a stereotypical castle people usually think of. 

Techniques: The first thing I did was make a large flat base for my castle. I then built a tower with one cube and added the details on the top where the lookout terrace would be after just out of the cubes. I selected all the objects of the tower and copied and pasted them three times. For the windows, it was a bit of a learning curve. I made the outlines of the window frames with the line tool and extrude them by approximately 2 units to make them 3D, and closed up the empty spaces by adding surfaces to them. How I made the door and the frames for it was also similar, except this was scaled bigger. 

The walls that connect the four towers was just a tall, narrow cube without details. The door was placed on one of the walls between two of the towers.  

This is the part where my model looks different from the reference I used. In the middle of the four towers inside the walls, there is a bigger tower. It has a door, a window on each side, and on the top, has the same details as the four smaller towers. 


Materials: I wanted my castle to be stone-textured, similar to The Tower of London reference. However, there weren't any textures I would like to use in Keyshot. I made the walls of the castle whiteish light gray, the door and window frames gray, the windows black, and the doors brown. For the floor inside the walls of the castle on top of the towers, I used picked the color gray so it will have contrast with the white color of the castle. I used dark green for the base. 



No comments:

Post a Comment