Sunday, September 11, 2022

Project 1: Castle - Bailey McCalla

Inspiration 

My inspiration was based on the castle seen in Howl's Moving Castle and Alexander from the Final Fantasy series. My goal was to create a castle that looked like it could move on its own as if it was walking on its own legs.

Reference Images

Howl's Moving Castle

Alexander- Final Fantasy

















Process

My process involved creating multiple basic shapes and grouping them together. For the large columns connecting the legs to the ring of the castle, I had extruded a large rectangle mesh and then bent the mesh in order to give it its curve. The main tools that used when designing the box tool for the basic shapes, the polyline tool for more intricate shapes, the extrude tool for extending shapes. The window was created by patching an exposed surface in an extruded mesh.



Materials

For materials I primarily used metal for the objects as I wanted to make the castle appear mechanical by design. For the window I used a glass texture and for the spikes on the bottom I used a gem texture which gave it the appearance that it was crystalized









 

No comments:

Post a Comment