Sunday, September 11, 2022

Santiago Perez-Isaza - Project 1 Castle

 Inspiration

    I've always wanted to implement AI generated art into my art somehow, and that is what I used for this project as my reference. I read through a couple of articles of the most influential architects today that are pushing the bounds of architecture and using DALLE-2 with some creative prompts, I created some concept art. The two architects I wanted to recreate were Zaha Hadid and Bjarke Ingles. The images below are the results I then combined in Photoshop to make something reminicent of a castle.

DALLE-2 Interpretation of a Zaha Hadid house

Another AI interpretation of Hadid's style


Photobash created in Photoshop using the results

Process

    I started modelling the four units around the center area first, I tried to stick as close to the generated image as possible by using a series of lofts and surface from curves. The main pieces which are the green layers were created in Grasshopper using a differential growth model. The three rings in the middle were something I wanted to implement in the project somehow, I used a basic split command to create windows that conformed to the shape.

Solid View

Wireframe

Ghosted w/ Layers

Materials

    Metal and sandstone are an interesting pairing of materials so I decided to texture the building using those two, along with concrete and fogged glass. The organic tube-like shapes were my metallic accent pieces. All the textures were custom made using Blender. I decided to add lighting to certain areas of the castle to give it a sense of space and se ll the idea that there is a walkable interior. In the center of the rings I used a blue area light to give that structure some more depth and ambience. 


Pedestrian View

Full View

High Angle Detail

Aerial View






No comments:

Post a Comment