Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Pedro Ramos: Week1-4 Castle


Reference Images

 
 

Inspiration

    I wanted to capture the personality of a floating city in space, where people and aliens would come together and exchange goods. As a result, I took inspiration from concepts of space stations. Most space station concepts have outer rings and control rooms that protrude from the center. I concentrated on this feature and developed my interpretation.
 
Ghosted Perspective View

Techniques

    The techniques I used throughout this project were simple, as I was learning Rhino. The structure uses basic shapes, which I mirrored across the x, y, and z-axis. The snap-to-grid feature was helpful when stacking shapes and moving them around in the virtual space.

 

Bird Eye View

 
Pedestrian View

Materials

    The materials used were glass and metal. Glass was used to represent the windows of the space city. I wanted the inhabitants of the structure to have a vista. Still was used on the structural parts that are important to the overall stability. The use of color also played an important role, as I wanted the structure to be vibrant as it would stand out in space. The lighting used was normal.

 




 




No comments:

Post a Comment