Monday, September 12, 2022

Brittany Han: Week 1 Castle

    

     Inspiration:

I wanted to make a castle that was a little off the books but could still be recognized as

a castle if anyone were to look at it. This is where I had the idea to make a giant bouncy castle.

I searched around the internet for possible ways to make this happen and found this big event

bounce house. I knew I wanted to do something similar, but have the insides be connected to 

the main bounce house unlike this one where the smaller bounce houses sit atop it. 


Modeling:

The main primitives that I used while modeling my castle were cylinders. Its a very 

common shape seen on all bouncy castles. I wanted my design to be more cohesive then my 

inspiration so I kept it simple with the small tower tops that are seen. While not visible here I 

wanted the castle to be completely accessible without having to leave the structure, so there are 

slide and climbing walls that connect the large main base to the smaller satellite castles.

Materials

For my materials I went with the materials one would usually find on a bounce house. The 

main framework and bounce pads are made of plastic for easy inflation. The side walls are made 

of mesh. The ground is simply solid green material, since I couldn't find a grass material in the 

version of Keyshot. 

               Birdseye View 


                    Pedestrian View 


                    Main Overview 

 

 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment