Sunday, September 11, 2022

Joshua Rainey: Week 1 Castle

 Inspiration 

My inspiration came from a castle I remember seeing on Reddit from Minecraft; The castle structures are straightforward but give you a sense you're still in a castle. Mainly the simple design is a build you would see most new players utilize, which is excellent since I am technically a “new player” in the field of 3D animation. I like how austere the structure is, yet demanding enough to give me a challenge for my first design.

Reference




In process





 

 I created this castle by utilizing rectangles, cones, and a flat assortment of squares. Most of the small rugged parts of the castle comply of squares piled with each other. For the most part, I could use the shapes present by default within rhino, nevertheless, I did need to add a small amount of customization to the chimney area due to its form. The most valuable command that I employed for this project was the gumball command, this was due to it allowing me to scale, rotate, and translate all of my assets at the same time.


Ghosted Layers




Wired




Appearance

 

For this design, I felt it was appropriate to go with the more simplistic look of Minecraft.

I wanted to keep the coloring very generic and stony. I decided to use some base texturing that gives off

more of that plastic Minecraft feeling. As for the lighting, we kept it a full bright feeling.

This is a popular modification to the game that keeps everything nice and bright for you automatically.

This allows for the viewer/player to be able to easily recognize what they’re doing.

 

 

Pedestrian

Birds Eye

Perspective



No comments:

Post a Comment