Sunday, September 11, 2022

Danielle Omo-Amadasun's Castle Project



 Concept:














Reference Image:

For my castle, I wanted to combined fantasy and realism. In order to do that, I did some online research for the perfect reference image to create my dream castle. When I was a little girl, I always loved drawing castles and other fictional things so when my professor said that we have to create either a castle or spaceship, I was over the moon. But at the end of the day, I decided to create a castle, mostly because I like to challenge myself and I'm glad I did. The castle turned out amazing.

Process:




 









Gold Castle (Ghosted View)

At first, I wanted the castle to float in the air, like it was on clouds, but decided against it because then I didn't know to do those kinds of advanced designs. When I finally chose what type of castle I was going to do, I planned out a mental blueprint on what the color scheme would be, the shapes needed in my castle, and how the height and volume of the castle.  The gold, brown and silver color scheme was inspired by medieval castle both in fiction and in real life.


Materials:












Gold Castle (Wired Framed View)

So for my castle's appearance, I decided to go dark shade of colors. Originally, I was going for a red, black and white color scheme, but decided not use that color scheme because I wanted my castle to convey the prosperous lifestyle of royalty back then. In order to make my castle more visually appealing, I decided to add a cool shade of silver for the finishing touches to add depth into my creation.

Finished Project:


Perspective:





Top:



























Front:  

























No comments:

Post a Comment