Monday, September 12, 2022

Project 1: Castle - Owen Chou

Inspiration

The inspiration behind my model is a medieval-style castle home located in southeast Michigan. I chose to model this castle home because I wanted to model a castle that was simpler and smaller, but also looked very unique. I like the idea of building a castle-like home. 


Process

The main tools that I used to model my castle were the shape tools, extrusion tools, and the boolean difference tool. I start out my castle by creating a square base and the fence with the rectangular tool. Then, I created the three towers (labeled in orange in the image below) with the rectangular tool as well. For the roof, I used the pyramid tool to create the roof for the towers. As for the main structure of the castle and the tower entrance, I also used the rectangular tool to model the structure. When it comes to creating the holes on the surface for the main door and window, I used the point tool to draw out a flat surface of the window and door shape. After that, I used the extrusion tool to create a 3d model of the flat shape. Then, I used the boolean difference tool to cut out the window shape on the main structure of the castle. After modeling everything, I sorted out the different parts of the castle with different layers and labeled them with different colors for a more organized look. 


                                      




Materials

The castle that I based my model of looks like it was created with stone, so I mainly used stone materials for my castle. Since the castle is mostly grey, I used stone materials for all parts of my castle with different variants for the different parts of my castle. 

Perspective

Pedestrian

Bird's eye

No comments:

Post a Comment