Sunday, September 11, 2022

Project 1: Castle - An Nguyen

Inspiration: When I heard the first project was to build a castle in 3D model, Disney Castle popped up in my mind immediately. personal, I chose Disney Castle, specifically the castle in Disney World in California, because I had such amazing memories there. Furthermore, Disney Castle has an extremely unique structure, beautiful and comprehensive architectural figures. I know that I am a beginner at building 3D models as well as using Rhino so I do not expect to build my castle as well-detailed as the Disney Castle. I used Disney Castle as inspiration in terms of the structure and guideline for my own castle. In my sketch, my castle will be a huge combined castle with several small towers around the base and a truncated cone top. 


Disney Castle - Front View



Disney Castle - Side View

Process: My castle was built up with several basic shapes which I used in the toolbar. The 5 most common tools I used were the 3D model tool, Copy, Select, Mirror, and Boolean Union. First, the 3D model tools were used the most since I structured my castle with prisms, cones, truncated cones, and cylinders. Further, in order to keep the consistent shapes of the work, I used Copy to duplicate objects to multiple and ensure that they all have the same sizes. As well as Copy, Mirror was favored because it duplicated objects with the XYZ axis. It helps create an exact same object symmetrically. Even though I can click and hold the Shift key to select many objects at once, I still prefer using Select Command. In my opinion, Select Command is very simple to use and also provides steps in the Command bar so a beginner like me knows what to do next. finally, Boolean Union was also the command that appeared in my castle several times. I used it to unite objects into one large combined object. It is very helpful because I think it makes the objects look clean as a whole and also easily to copy and move around. 

 


Materials: There are a large variety of choices for materials in Keyshot. It took me a while to decide which materials I wanted for my castle as well as the environment. My castle was mostly built with Shiny Plastic with Paint Gloss. Some parts were made with bump textures. As I chose plastic for my castle, I decided that my castle will be a plastic toy castle, or some people may call it a baby doll house. For that reason, I picked a Backplate image to insert my own image for the Environment. I looked up a toy room on Google and luckily got a photo of a toy room with blue and purple lighting which is similar to the color theme I chose for my castle. Based on the photo I found, I placed the lighting pointed down on the castle from the left side so the shadow will lay down on the right side of the castle.

Bird Eyes View

Pedestrian View

Front View



No comments:

Post a Comment