Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Jason Hollander: week 1-3 Castle Project

 


Jason Hollander: week 1-3 Castle Project

INSPERATION

For inspiration for my castle I chose two basic castle designs from the medieval era. I wanted to use a fusion between the two images to make the walls and design a little garrison building inside the walls and then I just went for it.

 






MODELING TECHNIQUES


When I started the process of designing my castle I Started off with the placements and size of the towers trying out how big and how long the walls will be and also determine how big the inner castle will be. while I was modeling I used an assortment of tools to help my design processes. I used grid snap to align everything perfectly together, gumball to move and rotate objects to be in the right position, Boolean difference to indent my windows and doors polyline, and extrude tool to make my doors. 

MATERALS



when choosing my materials I wanted it to look as realistic as possible. When choosing the materials for the walls I didn't want to choose something to dark like asphalt or choose something that's to white like marble. I wanted more of a gray color so I chose granet. and for the door and the cones I wanted a nice dark wood color because it looks nice well with the granet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment