Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Amanda Marder: Week 5 Laser Cut Fabric Trial 1

Step one for next time: iron the fabric!

Anyways, here is my first attempt at laser cutting fabric.  

Here's the pattern I used for the fabric cut:




First try! I am pretty content with my settings that I concluded based on some research based on leather:

  


Um.....so if there was a way to describe 2D having under cuts...this is what would happen. The tight cuts made to create the legs leaves very thin pieces of fabric so hang and not stay in place.  Possible if this was a fitted shirt I could get away with some types of these cuts but not really.



 Monsters in my belly.



Overall it looks like my shirt was caught in a unique shredder.  Time to try out some other patterns.  I do not intend to use this technique to just alter pre-existing clothing.  To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment