Monday, September 14, 2015

Cesar Zapata: Week 2 Castle


   When hearing upon the castle project on the first day, the first thing that popped into my mind was a japanese castle, and the idea has been burned into my mind ever since. This castle model was based off of the Matsumoto castle in Tokyo. I originally wanted to follow through in adding water on the floor(since the castle hails the isolated design of an island for its defense instead of walls) but realized I lack the experience and the time to complete what I imagined.
    The tools that I used for the castle's construction was duplicate, stretch, and solid polygons. The techniques were pretty straight forward, it was almost as a virtual lego and duplicated it and stretched the smaller portions of the castle with the stetch tool. I was too unfamiliar with rhino to try and play around with all the tools first to figure out what each tool does.
     Dedicating to the clean image of the Matsumoto castle, I made sure to choose contrasting materials based off of colors. The Truncated pyramids beneath the castle are stones which I used as "Travestine rose" The buildings themselves are "Porcelain" which is one of the cleanest materials I found in Keyshot.  The roofs material is "Dark Wood" which is the darkest wood material I could find, since the rest all resemble the appearance of a wooden floor and not of a roof.
    *Post. Script: I apologize for not ghosting the first image, I intended to ghost the image at night after the STEAM meeting that I attended today, but was not able to as the class with the original castle file was occupied until 10 PM 

No comments:

Post a Comment