Monday, September 14, 2015

Amanda Marder: Week1 Duck

   Ghosted view of my 3D modeled "Duck" Assignment for ATEC 6351.
   Rendered in Keyshot in perspective.
I would like to assume that everyone has watched "Nightmare Before Christmas" and if not then you will not understand where I got my inspiration.

Modeling rubber ducks are amusing, to achieve mine in addition to Rhino and Keyshot I had some help from Photoshop to help with the "effects".  Modeling the duck consists of solid objects where control points were turned on in order to alter the contours of the original shape.  The eyes were spheres that I boolean differenced and layered.  The cart is made up of all simple solids as well as the beak.  The teeth followed the same process of the body, copied and scaled at a gradient and then mirrored.  One jaw was fully modeled and then mirrored and rotated to complete the mouth.

Keyshot had a perfect selection of wood material to assign to the "cart" layer.  The texture suits the grit of the object.

No comments:

Post a Comment