Monday, September 14, 2015

William McKiernan- Flashlight




I wanted to bring the flashlight down to a more modernized, efficient version. I attempted to strip away a lot of unnecessary material while giving it a desirable look and useful design. The handle is intended to be more ergonomic and efficient because it uses less material, and the shortened head gives it a sleek look.
                For the most part, I used very simple extrusions to create my flashlight. It is comprised of several variations of a cylinder, placed with polar array and shaped with the scale tool. I used Booleans to create the switch and head of the flashlight.
                I used metallic materials to finish my flashlight. I wanted it to have a modernistic feel. I used a soft rubbery texture on the handle to emphasize its ergonomic intention. The materials serve to give the flashlight a sleek, expensive look.

No comments:

Post a Comment