Saturday, September 26, 2015

Victoria Tran: Week 4 - Baby Zergling 3D Print Model





  • Description: The model is a mash up between Kog'maw from League of Legends and the zergling from Carbot Animations. I was inspired by Jonathan Burton's (@CarbotAnimation) simplified version of a zergling in his Star Crafts animation. However, to give more ferocity to the character, I shaped the model with Riot's newest figure of Kog'maw in mind.  
  • Modeling technique(s): I started with a sphere, rebuilt it with at least 30 point counts, turned points on, then continuously pulled points around until I get the shape I wanted. For the eyes, wings and spikes of the tail, I utilized mirror while keeping osnap on to get a symmetrical positioning. The color separation of the fangs and the inside of the bottom mouth were created with a free-form curve and a split command. 
  • Choice(s) made in Keyshot: All of the materials, other than the eyes, are plastic rough or soft coloring. I chose a purple body to match with the coloring of Burton's zergling. But to have this "baby" zergling stand out more, I chose the eyes to be metallic blue instead of black. The plastic look helps me envision what it will look like as a mass produced miniature figure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment