Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sean Korzeniewski - Castle Model!


Ghosted View
Bird Eye View Rendering

Pedestrian View Rendering


The Castle:

Description:

Let me preface my work by saying that this is my very first attempt at modeling. I tried hard to capture the architectural theme of Aztec pyramids and Ziggurat temples. Looking back on this project I can honestly say I'm proud of my work but as I continue to model I realize ways in which I could have made it better. For instance, I tried to implement mathematical strategies in order to layer my truncated pyramids with the correct thickness when I could have easily used Ortho Snapping and Two-Dimension scaling in order to achieve the same effect: only better. Overall, I'm happy with how my castle turned out but I'm more happy with my other models.

Tools and Techiques:

I used two and one dimensional re-sizing in order to copy and paste smaller versions of the base on top of one another to create the stacked pyramid effect. I also used ArrayPolar in order to create everything that is seen on the outsides, or face of the temple. In order to create the staircase looking blocks I had to use the rotate tool in the right window, after which I used ArrayPolar in order to replicate the solid.

Materials:

I chose a stone texture that appeared to be a somewhat desert stone in order to match the color of many Ziggurat temples. Although the texture doesn't look as fine as I would like I now know that I can adjust these settings how I like in keyshot. The orbs that are located in the Obelisks are textured with the Amethyst gemstone in order to contrast nicely with the ruddy, sandy color of the stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment