Friday, September 25, 2015

Vincent Lo: Week 4 Redo "Struggling with Silence"





Being silent is part of who I am, but sometimes I think it’s a barrier that I struggle with at times. This struggle is what I wanted to capture in my model. Looking inwards is what inspired this model.

I sculpted the head in Zbrush. I decided to add Asian features to capture part of myself in the model. In addition, I used the Flatten tool to chop away pieces of the head to represent the losses that occur when my silence takes over. Sometimes I reflect on times I remained quiet and the regrets just eat away at me. I modeled the zipper in Maya because it was a hard surface object. The zipper represents my struggle to open my mouth at times.


I used the skin material for the face as it showcases my head sculpt in a realistic manner. The zipper has a metallic material to make it stand out against the soft subsurface material of the head. The zipper is supposed to be a focal point, so the contrast of materials helps that component stand out.

1 comment: