Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Julio Romero: Week 2 Flashlight



I designed my flashlight to look professional and classy. I decided to keep it simple with no flashy colors. The details were kept at a minimum to ensure that it wasn't distracting.

I used black, flat plastics to contrast with the shiny metallic body and highlights. The grip uses soft plastic for comfort while the two ends have a harder appearance for durability. The button uses a different soft plastic and is grey so that it can stand out against the grip.

I positioned everything using grid snap and Osnap. I used mainly boolean operations to help make sure they fit correctly onto the flashlight and used arrays to rotate the silvery parts around the end pieces. I was going to join the highlights with the rest of the end pieces but chose not to so that I could use different materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment