Monday, September 14, 2015

Amanda Marder: Week1 Castle

  Ghosted view of my 3D modeled "Castle" Assignment for ATEC 6351.
  Rendered in Keyshot in perspective.
Close up rendering in Keyshot of the castle.  I modeled numerous anemones, barnacles and other sea related creatures that I wanted close up shots of.

My process involved wanting to model something whimsical and unique.  With influences of the Little Mermaid and Atlantis, I created a mini castle environment that could be 3D printed and placed in a fish bowl for any fishs' delight.  With being very rusty with Keyshot, with some experimenting I was able to achieve a non "Candy Land" feel to it in my renderings.  The rendering maintained the simplistic nature while capturing the depth of the details.  Object materials included water, glass and metal in "cool" versus "warm" tones. All reflective and some textured but as a whole within an environment would stand out in physical water without looking displaced.

In regards to modeling, objects created such as the shell involved extruding a triangular solid and then applying the command "twist".  The tentacles on my creature centerpiece are layers of line curves that I then extruded pipes of varying thicknesses to a taper and then polar arrayed.  My barnacles are created by drawing in lines of the profile of the object and then extruding the surface 360 to create a whole.  This small details to create a whole puzzled together creating my little sea domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment