Monday, September 14, 2015

Victoria Tran: Week 1 - Castle Model




  • Description: For my castle model, I was gearing towards a Disney themed castle. At first I was planning to make Ariel's castle from the Little Mermaid, but there were so many buildings and curves that it became difficult. This led me to simplify the design to Disney's castle logo.
  • Modeling technique(s): I mainly utilized a lot of mirroring. I kept with the simple solids that we were first exposed to. Other techniques that I played with would include extruding or extending the surfaces.
  • Choice(s) made in Keyshot: Alot of my choices were trial-and-error. I wanted to create a classy and elegant looking Disney castle, so I made sure the materials(colors) I drew in were not too gaudy. The gold and aluminum blue worked better than I expected. I ended up adding in ice/glass materials for that "Frozen"(Elsa) touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment