Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Julio Romero: Week 2 Duck




 I at first wanted to make a rubber ducky, but chose to make a duck-shaped soap holder instead. I also added a bar of soap to my model to make its use more obvious. I thought about also making it a toothbrush holder but decided against it to keep it simple.

I used smooth materials for the duck, and chose to give the exterior of the duck a shiny ceramic look. The interior had more of an unpolished look so that the soap wouldn't slip out. The soap used a smooth material with two similar shades of pink to make it look slightly cloudy.

I used the trim tool and control points to shape the main body. I used curves and the revolve tool to make the soap. The interior of the duck was made using a rail revolve.


No comments:

Post a Comment