Monday, September 14, 2015

Cesar Zapata: Week 2 Duck



   The design that I envisioned was for it to be simple. After all "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" I chose for my duck to be an old fashioned wood carven duck instead of the traditional fluorescent buoyant one would find in their bath tub.
   The modeling techniques that I employed in the creation of my duck would be sphere solid, rebuild mesh, activating "points on" tool and mirror tool. Those tools allowed me to rebuild and mold the desired shape of my duck, beak, tail, and head. For its eyes I used solid ellipsoid and aligned the ellipsoid on the surface of its head and mirrored it to duplicate on the remaining side.
   As previously stated, my duck is made of wood so the materials I used were wood, mostly. Body is "Procedural Pine" so its light body canvas would features its eyes and beak. Eyes are "Red Oak Polished" another light color to provide a distinct contrast, yet light enough to blend in as well. The beak is "Travertine" though a stone texture, has the appearnace of a summer-burnt walnut palette which is the reason why I selected it as well for its smooth texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment