Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Julio Romero: Week 2 Castle



For my castle I wanted to make a "toy model" of a traditional castle, adding small figurines to populate it. I wanted my castle to be surrounded by a large defensive wall, with some other features outside of it. I added a fountain in the middle so that it wouldn't look as empty.

I used mainly hard, smooth plastics in Keyshot to render my model, with gray colors to simulate stone. The ground used brown plastic to simulate dirt, while the graves used a textured material to make it seem more like a pile of dirt. I was planning on using wood textures as well, but decided not to because it didn't fit in with the rest of the material.

Most objects are made out of cylinders, cones, and other curved objects. Some objects I created using curves that I then extruded, and others were mainly built utilizing boolean operations. I also used the mirror, scale, and duplicate tools extensively to create make the different parts more symmetrical.

No comments:

Post a Comment