Monday, September 21, 2015

Vincent Lo: Week 4 Printable Models - Girl





I decided to model a girl because of my desire to print a character model. The aesthetic was influenced by a game called Happy Wars that I recently discovered, and I really liked the simple, appealing style. I chose this aesthetic to keep things simple for printing.

For modeling, I used Filleting several times to blend the arms, legs, and head with each other. I learned to create surfaces through curve networks by generating profile curves. These helped me create complex shapes with the ability to manipulate their points right after generation, which let me create the dress shape and the arms. I also projected the eyes and mouths, which are curves, onto the head to make sure the curves rested on the surface. Pipe was used to generate the eyelashes.

For materials, I chose plastic materials because my model was far from realism. In addition, I wanted to see what my models looked like if they were to be printed using plastic. Colors are bright to match the aesthetic I chose for my model.

No comments:

Post a Comment