Monday, September 14, 2015

Robert Manriquez: Week 1 Castle



                                                                     Influence

           I present to the viewer, Trump Tower by Dr. Seuss. I wanted to get away from creating a normal building. I gravitated towards the abstract by utilizing these wormlike shapes that take a heavy influence from Dr. Seuss and his world of oddly shaped trees and objects. I also wanted to use my sense of humor by adding in the Trump Tower. Because we all know, that if Trump could build something in a Dr. Seuss world, he would.
 
 
Techniques
            As I was teaching myself how to utilize the modeling techniques within Rhino, I relied on my basic knowledge of extrusions and primitive shapes in order to kick off this model. As I started playing with plains and curves, I found the pipe tool and started messing around with the values on each circle that I was able to create on the curves. Most of the shapes and objects, besides the wormlike shapes, were simple extrusions.
 
 
Material
           I used metals and anodized metals in order to give some of the objects their shiney feel. The "Trump" wording is a flat gold metal due to The Donald being so wrapped up in his money, that he wouldn't be above writing his name in solid gold. I used Axalta materials in order to keep with Dr. Seuss' flat color scheme. In most of his works, he never really has extremely shined objects. Displaying the dissonance between the two figures, Trump and Seuss, really made this castle pop.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment