Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Vina Pham: Week 1 Castle




When asked to design a castle, I didn't know where to begin, and so I took it upon myself to ask a friend for ideas. For some reason the castle from Frozen was his first suggestion, and I went for it. From the looks of it, the two castle's seem almost nothing alike because I wanted to incorporate a more modern building look.

This was my first time ever working in a program like rhino, so not many skills were used. I messed around a lot in the shapes toolbar and somehow managed to create a solid object. It also took me a really long time to figure out how to place the cones on top of my cylinders because I'm stubborn and only used the perspective view for a while.

The entirety of the castle is made of glass. This is mainly because I couldn't find, or KeyShot didn't provide ice as a reasonable material for construction. Despite that, I'm really happy with how the glass showed up on my castle!

No comments:

Post a Comment