Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Blake Kostroun, Week 4 Torso Sculpt WIP


For this print, I thought of the idea of making some sort of body sculpture. When I think of sculpts of humans, I immediately picture marble sculptures. It fascinates me that you can turn a block of rock into an elegant sculpture using subtractive manufacturing. I cannot imagine taking away material to create a model, I'm so used to an additive process.

I created this sculpture in Zbrush, starting with a lowpoly sphere. I pushed and pulled the ball, getting the base form down. I increase my vert count slowly using dynamesh only when needed. Once satisfied with my model, I turned off symmetry and started twisting the hips and body.

Next is to make it even more asymmetrical, I plan to have one of the arms stretching up to give the model a more dynamic pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment