Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Vina Pham: Week 2 Rubber Duck




The idea of simply doing a rubber duck was too boring, so I turned it into a paper weight and pencil holder. The idea came from the fact that I often leave a lot of my loose leaf papers around and they tend to move around against my will. And as for the pencil holder, I thought it would be a cute additional use.

I didn't explore much outside of what the tutorial thought me. The wings were made similarity to how the eyes were created. The hole for the pencil holder was made by creating the shape of a pencil and subtracting it from the body of the duck.

The entire duck is made purely of procaine. Being a paper weight, I thought this material would best suit the object because it is not only heavy, but smooth and elegant. I think the colors show off very nicely with this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment