Monday, September 21, 2015

Robert Manriquez; Model One(Camera) Week4

Camera

I used this first model as a warm up. I kept within the 1 hour time limit and kept my modeling simple. I used an old fashioned camera as my sense of inspiration as well as the architectural work of Zaha Hadid.
 As for techniques, I used simple shapes combind with unions, differences, trims, planes, and truncated cones. I used a combination of cylinders, spheres, and cones for the lens. The upper body portion is a solid block with a top cut out and protruding edges on the side. I made a couple of curves that were extruded and solidified. The body is made up of ellipses and square rectangle combinations.

The materials are a combination of wood and glass. I wanted to play with the idea of an almost all glass camera. I placed a light inside the lens and it didn't work because the shine was too intense and I lost a giant portion of the model to the light. The body is made of different colors of glass, while the top is made from wood. The wood portion would house the working parts of the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment