Monday, September 21, 2015

Vincent Lo: Week 4 Printable Models - Horse





I decided to model a horse after dining at a Chinese restaurant. I was influenced by the typical Zodiac sheets that await diners at the tables. I was born on the year of the Horse, so I thought that was the most fitting animal for me to choose.

For modeling, I chose to make this piece in Maya because of the “origami” theme I chose. Origami naturally has creases everywhere, so I decided Maya’s polygonal tools were fit for developing that theme. I started everything from cubes, used the typical extruding tools, and snapped vertices around. I also hardened all the edges to make sure the creases popped out.


For materials, I settled on an emerald-looking material in hopes of getting something resembling jade, as that is culturally relevant in China. However, I decided to keep the transparency of the material to add more interest to the render. I stayed with green as that was part of my original intent.

No comments:

Post a Comment