Monday, September 14, 2015

Vincent Lo: Week 2 Flashlight





Similarly with the castle, I wanted to pick a concept that was more exciting than a simple flashlight, so I chose a lightsaber from the Star Wars franchise. I chose Obi-Wan’s because of the interesting shapes. I also thought the concept of a lightsaber was close enough to a flashlight, which is why I picked it for this assignment.

The overall process of modeling this involved creating cylinders and using curves or solid shapes to cut out holes/grooves through Boolean difference. Many elements repeated, so I used the array function frequently, both linear and radial. To smooth out some of the edges, I used fillet to get nice highlights on my details.

The materials take on a realistic approach. I chose chrome for the majority of the body because of how Star Wars lightsabers are highly reflective in the films. I also chose materials with specularity because many of my details wouldn’t show with matte materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment