Sunday, September 13, 2015

T Savage - Week 2 Flashlight & Duck

The flashlight and rubber duck tutorials are very simple. I only added small embellishments to the designs. On the duck, I added wings (sculpted from a sphere like the other parts of the duck). The flashlight has a ring around the button.

The rubber duck tutorial introduced the use of control points to deform solids into smooth 3d shapes. I added folded wings to the sides of the duck (mirrored across the center) to get a bit more practice with this. The flashlight tutorial was about Boolean addition and difference of solids, which I had already done in my castle model, so I worked with the trim function a bit to clean up the button and ring.

The materials of the duck and flashlight are based off of the plastics and metals that they would be made out of. I chose chrome for the flashlight specifically for the reflection in the second render (above). The duck (below) uses Keyshot's "paint" defaults as an ambiguous middle ground between plastic, rubber, and metal.



No comments:

Post a Comment