Monday, September 21, 2015

Vincent Lo: Week 4 Printable Models - Cat





Instead of having another standalone piece, I wanted to create a model that played off of the girl. I wanted to create something that the girl could interact with, so I chose to make a cat as if it was a surprise/gift for her. The aesthetic is, again, inspired by Happy Wars.

For modeling, I used the same techniques as I did with the girl. I created the cat’s body using curve networks, which allowed me to easily shape it. I then used Boolean and Fillet to get my limbs on. The Boolean/Fillet combo was also used to create the box. The ears were created using loft. The facial features were, again, created using curves and projected onto the head.

For materials, I chose plastic materials for the same reasons as the girl. My model was far from realism. In addition, I wanted to see what my models looked like if they were to be printed using plastic. Colors are bright to match the aesthetic I chose for my model.

No comments:

Post a Comment