Monday, September 14, 2015

Brittany Jones: Week 02 Flashlight

Light is one of my favorite topics to study since it greatly influences our visual perception. My significant other is currently the Content Engagement Manager for 1000Bulbs.com (an online lightbulb retail company). To help him find unique images to share on the company I browse Pinterest a lot for environment art reference, and frequently come across unique lighting imagery. Due to the size parameters of the model and my affinity toward nautical/ocean themes, I thought a light house would be perfect. I drew inspiration from nautical themed light houses on Pinterest

First, I followed the flashlight tutorial to create the base flashlight model (yellow layer). Then I opened the LED_Sleeve_Template.3dm to add on to the model within the size parameters. I used the difference boolean to create the peak-through windows on the tower (truncated cylinder) and spherical indentions at the base. The top of the lighthouse (purple layer) can detach from the hollow body (lavender layer) that holds the flashlight (yellow layer).

[Will insert material information here once rendered in Keyshot.]




No comments:

Post a Comment