Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sean Korzeniewski - Flashlight!

Ghosted View of Model

Bird's Eye View Rendering

Pedestrian View Rendering

The Flashlight:

Description:

For the flashlight model I followed the tutorial exactly until I got to the end. I quickly realized how boring my tutorial flashlight looked so I decided to step things up a notch. With Star Wars episode VII: The Force Awakens soon coming to theaters, I was in quite the mood to make a Lightsaber. I thought about mirroring the entire thing in order to have a dual-Bladed lightsaber akin to Darth Maul but I quickly changed my mind because I wanted this to be my own custom saber(flashlight). Overall I had a lot of fun with this model and was really excited to turn my flashlight into something I can really get excited about!

Tools and Techniques:


I started out by using the difference tool to cut the reflector shield into a more apt shape compared to Jedi Lightsaber blade guards. After that I simply added some metal coil grips and a button to turn on the beam. I also utilized the Gridsnap and Ortho buttons in order to accurately place all the various cylinders I used to make this model. I used ArrayPolar to create the vertical black grips where the button is located.

Materials Used:

I used a variety of shiny metals in order to give my lightsaber-flashlight the futuristic aesthetic that it belongs in. I used the Chrome texture in Key shot in order to give the body of the saber that sleek shiny look while using different tinted metals on the other pieces in order to add contrast to the grips and coils.


No comments:

Post a Comment