Monday, September 14, 2015

Victoria Tran: Week 2 - Flashlight



  • Description: Here is a very simple, and handcrafted wood flashlight. It might not be as durable as metal, but it could be more aesthetically appealing to others. This kind of flashlight would be targeted to a niche out there that prefers natural wood items. 
  • Modeling technique(s): Using the referred flashlight making guide, I was able to make this flashlight. I stuck with two solid shapes: cylinders and spheres. For the carved in glass look, I used the Boolean Difference command.
  • Choice(s) made in Keyshot: I tried looking for materials that would give more depth to my simple flashlight. When I came across the wood materials, I decided to choose it because of its potential to tell a story with it. I liked how wood can be simple while having a rustic or elegant feel to it. For the glass, I chose... the glass material! Surprise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment