Sunday, September 13, 2015

Sean Korzeniewski - Duck Model!

Ghost View Duck 

Bird's Eye View Rendering

Pedestrian View Rendering


The Duck:

Description:


After finishing the Duck Tutorial I was happy with the way my duck looked, but it needed more. I thought my Duck would look much nicer if it had a Jetpack: so I gave my Duck a Jetpack. Manipulating organic structures for the first time was a lot of fun for me and I ended up making multiple "Franken-Ducks" in which I increased and decreased proportions to ridiculous ratios. I ended up with many fat-bodied, tiny headed ducks that were actually pretty hilarious. As far as my duck goes I think its quite plain yet perfectly normal for a rubber duck. I'm proud of this model because it was my first experiment with sculpting organic shapes and I had a lot of fun making it and getting to see the end result.

Tools and Techniques:

For this model I used a lot of control point manipulation in order to get the body and head to the right size and proportion. I also used the Mirroring tool in order to achieve perfect symmetry on the eyeballs and jet pack thrusters. In order to connect the head and body I utilized the blend surface tool detailed in the tutorial.

Materials Used:

For the duck I used three different colored plastics in order to make the duck look really shiny like a children's toy. The Jet-pack is half metal textures and half plastic textures in order to connect with the Duck's texture and not contrast too greatly. I imagined that If this were a toy the Jet-Pack would look just as plastic as the Duck itself except it'd be just a little bit metallic.

No comments:

Post a Comment