Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Amanda Marder: Week 5 Laser Cut Fabric Trial 2

Too impatient to wait till tomorrow for an iron HOWEVER I am running into a snag issue.  The material of women's cotton fitted shirts stretch like crazy.  They also pucker enough after being cut due to having a piece of cardboard inside of the shirt, creates minimal but enough stretch.

I may have to consider using a type of adhesive on the under side of the material and attach it temporarily to cardboard for the cutting process.  

For this material I did take into consideration for the lack of thickness so I adjusted my settings accordingly but I possible may have made the power setting too weak which may have increased my snag issue.





Another thing I did not take into consideration in regards to the stretch of the material, the pattern will stretch overtime!!!!  Putting the shirt on and taking it off just once has already created a decent amount of stretch within the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment